SRM PM7 Origin Road Aluminum Power MeterMay 10, 2023
$1,299.00 – $1,349.00
The SRM Origin with aluminum crank arms and a new, lower price!
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR CHAINRINGS!
SRM PM7 Origin Road Aluminum Power Meter
The SRM PM7 Origin Road Aluminum Power Meter adds another option for riders that want to take advantage of the best SRM has to offer. With the Origin Aluminum, you get the accuracy, consistency and durability SRM is known for, but at a price below that of the Carbon version. In addition, if you’re looking to run shorter crank arm lengths, the Origin Aluminum has you covered! The Origin also offers near limitless compatibility with exchangeable 24 mm, 30 mm and 28.9 mm spindles, which means it can be used on virtually any frame on the market.
Key Product Details
This power meter is compatible with 110 BCD 4-bolt chainrings. It fits 24 MM, 30 MM or 28.9 MM DUB bottom brackets, depending on the version ordered. See Compatibility tab for more information.
This SRM power meter measures power at the spider and is therefore able to measure power from both legs.
Dual-leg power measurement, accurate to within +/- 2.0%, rechargeable battery, 100 hours of battery life, 2-year warranty. See Specs tab for more information.
Advice From Our Staff:
Like all SRMs, this power meter is accurate, durable and comes with a solid 2-year warranty. It also offers a wide range of customization through different chainring options and spindle sizes. The aluminum crank arms on this version are not as light and stiff as the carbon ones, but it really makes this version much more affordable.
The SRM Aluminum crank arms are available in the following sizes:
- 160 mm | 165 mm | 167.5 mm | 170 mm | 172.5 mm | 175 mm
- 9200 Lid – For Shimano 9200 chainrings
- 9100 Lid – For Shimano 9100 chainrings
- Flat Lid – For any other 110×4 chainrings
- 24 MM – For use with 24 mm Shimano bottom brackets
- 30 MM – For use with 30 mm bottom brackets
- 28.9 MM DUB – For use with DUB bottom brackets
While not listed in the dropdown menus above, you can bundle the SRM PM7 Origin Power Meter with a SRM PC8 Bike Computer. When you do, you get $249 off the standard price of the PC8. Please contact us if you would like this option.
Chainrings For Your Power Meter
Here are the most commonly ordered chainrings with this power meter. You can simply add them to your cart along with your power meter and we will install them for you.
- Shimano 9200 and Shimano 9100 Chainrings – These Shimano chainrings need to introduction – great performance and look!
- SRM Aluminum Chainrings – These are great chainrings at an affordable price. You get $85 off if you order these along with your SRM power meter. Please contact us for a code!
- Carbon-Ti 110×4 – Full carbon chainrings, when only the finest will do!
- ROTOR 110×4 Round Chainrings and ROTOR 110×4 Oval Chainrings – Very popular chainrings that also work with Shimano 12-speed drivetrains.
Chainrings: The SRM PM7 Origin is compatible with any 110 BCD 4-bolt asymmetric chainrings (Shimano, SRM Aluminum, Carbon-Ti, ROTOR, etc.).
Bottom Bracket: This power meter fits 24 MM, 30 MM or 28.9 MM DUB bottom brackets, depending on the version ordered. If you are ordering the same size as you currently have on your bike, you should be able to re-use your existing bottom bracket. However, if you are chaining spindle sizes, you will need to replace your bottom bracket. Please contact us with questions, we are happy to help.
SRM PM7 Origin Road Aluminum Specs
|Name||SRM PM7 Origin Road Aluminum|
|Location of Power Measurement||Spider|
|Left or Both Legs Measured||Both|
|Independent Left/Right Measurement||No|
|Installation||More involved (60 min. estimated)|
|Crank Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Claimed Accuracy||+/- 2.0%|
|Active Temperature Compensation||No|
|Battery Life||100 hours|
|Method of Cadence Measurement||Magnet|
|BCD||110 4-bolt asymmetric|
|Spindle Size||24 mm, 30 mm or DUB 28.9 mm|
|Q Factor||145.5 mm|
In the Box
- SRM PM7 Origin Road Aluminum Power Meter (spider, crank arms, spindle)
- SRM USB Charger Cable
- Cadence Magnet Kit
- SRM PC8 Cycling Computer (if purchased)
- Handlebar mount (if SRM PC8 is purchased)
Tools Needed for Installation
You will need the following tools for installation of this product. You can purchase many of these commonly used tools in our store.
- 3 mm Allen key
- 10 mm Allen key
Common Questions and Answers
Question: How do I determine what length my current cranks are so I can make sure I get the same size?
- Your crank arm length should be printed or stamped on the inside of the left crank arm, usually near the pedal end.
There are no reviews yet.