Hammerhead Karoo 2 Bike ComputerNovember 22, 2022
A next generation bike computer with high-resolution color display, advanced navigation and more!
Hammerhead Karoo 2 Bike Computer
The Hammerhead Karoo 2 Bike Computer is truly a next generation device. The Karoo 2 features a best-in-class 3.2″ Dragontrail Glass screen that is both beautiful to look at and scratch resistant. The high-resolution color display has a responsive touchscreen and is also controllable with side buttons when conditions get messy!
When it comes to routing and navigation, the Karoo 2 is unlike anything else on the market. We’re talking full-color maps with turn-by-turn navigation and details such as points of interest, elevation and roadway differentiation. You also get routing specific to your ride with options for road, gravel and MTB.
The Hammerhead Karoo 2 is loaded with the latest in hardware such as a high-sensitivity barometer, ambient temperature sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope. These sensors all work together to give the Karoo 2 greater insight into the motion within your ride. Software features include route building, workout modes, predictive path technology, heatmaps, climber modes, Strava Live Segments and much more!
Key Product Details
Features That are Unique to the Karoo 2:
- Beautiful, Scratch Resistant Screen – The Dragontrail Glass screen is beautiful and highly scratch resistant. It is also treated to help minimize glare.
- Industry Leading Navigation – The Karoo 2 provides full-color, global maps, with all the details you need when riding. This includes turn-by-turn navigation, routing based on course preference, route elevation, instant rerouting and more!
- Continuous Enhancement – Hammerhead releases weekly software updates which means your Karoo 2 is always getting more features and better functionality.
- Tons of Features – This device is packed with every feature imaginable including things like route building, workout modes, predictive path technology, heatmaps, climber modes and much more.
Advice From Our Staff:
We have one critique and then nothing but praise for the Hammerhead Karoo 2. When bright sunlight hits directly on the screen, it can cause a bit of a glare. This is usually only for brief moments when sunlight is hitting the screen at just the right angle. Other than that, this is a wonderful unit. It’s right-sized (not huge, but big enough to offer great usability), packs every feature you could want, has a great screen for most situations and perhaps most importantly, is easy to set-up and use. Hammerhead is also always pushing software updates to the device, so it gets better and better. This bike computer costs a bit more than some other entry level units, but if it’s in your budget, we highly recommend it.
High Resolution Color Display
The high resolution 3.2″ color display features 292 PPI pixel density, 480×800 portrait resolution, and 16.7 million color support. This enables the Karoo 2 to render high-quality visuals and clear detailed maps that you can read at a glance.
BT4.0, ANT+ and WiFi Connectivity
With BT 4.0 and ANT+ you can connect to headphones, smartphones, as well as your cycling sensors including power meters, heart rate monitors, Di2, radar and more.
The Karoo 2 Bike Computer features a smartphone-quality capacitive touchscreen filters out false inputs from rain and mud. In addition, the Karoo 2 can be entirely controlled by buttons.
High Accuracy GPS
High accuracy GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, QZSS antennae give you access to more satellites to locate your position anywhere on earth.
Hammerhead Mounting System
The Hammerhead Karoo 2 features a unique mounting system that is reliable, easy to use and aerodynamic. In addition, the Quarter-Turn Adapter allows you to put the Karoo 2 on any Garmin-compatible bracket.
Strava Live Segments
You can challenge yourself and set new personal bests using class-leading Karoo 2 Strava Live Segments integration.
Karoo 2 Bike Computer Specifications
- Wireless protocol: ANT+, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi
- Physical dimensions: 60.8 mm x 100.6 mm x 19.3 mm (WxHxL)
- Display size: 3.2" color
- Display resolution: 292 PPI pixel density, 480x800 portrait resolution, and 16.7 million color support
- Weight: 131 grams (excludes mount)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 12 hours
- Water rating: IPX6
In the Box
- Hammerhead Karoo 2 Bike Computer
- Hammerhead Karoo 2 Mounting System for 31.8 mm bars
- Quarter-Turn Mounting Adapter
- 2.5 mm allen key
- USB-A to USB-C Cable
- Getting Started Guide
Common Questions and Answers
Question: Does this ship with the upgraded USB Cover Kit?
- Yes. Hammerhead recently released an upgraded USB Cover Kit that offers greater protection for the charge port on the Karoo 2. All of our units include this upgraded cover.