WATTEAM POWERBEAT Power MeterJosh Matthew June 12, 2018
$399.00 – $739.00
The first user-installed power meter with features, functionality and accuracy once found only in factory installed units
About the WATTEAM POWERBEAT Power Meter
Introducing the long awaited WATTEAM POWERBEAT Power Meter! Redefining what a power meter is capable of, the WATTEAM power meter is the first user-installed power meter with features, functionality and accuracy once found only in factory installed units.
The POWERBEAT attaches to the left and right crank arms in a simple, 45-minute procedure requiring only basic technical skills. Once installed and calibrated, the POWERBEAT provides power data that is accurate to within +/- 1.5%. In addition, it provides true left/right power measurement.
At $399, the POWERBEAT power meter is the most affordable, direct force power meter capable of measuring total power (power from both legs), not to mention independent left/right power as well!
The WATTEAM POWERBEAT Power Meter is extremely lightweight at only 18.9 grams per side, features a rechargeable battery with 60-hour life and offers both ANT+ as well as Bluetooth SMART compatibility. This means it can be used with a bicycle computer, smart phone or tablet.
The POWERBEAT is proven to be accurate to within +/- 1.5%, which is as good as some of the best power meters available.
With a sensor on both crank arms, it can provide independent left/right power distribution.
We are all concerned about weight, and the power meter adds a mere 18.9 grams to each crank arm.
At $399, the POWERBEAT Power Meter is the most affordable, direct force power meter with total as well as independent left/right power.
The power meter supports both ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART wireless protocols – which means you can use any device you would like as your head unit.
- WATTEAM POWERBEAT
- $399 (no Cover Kits)
- $419 with 1 set of Cover Kits
- $498 with Professional Installation Service (no Cover Kits)
- $518 with 1 set of Cover Kits and Professional Installation Service
- WATTEAM POWERBEAT 2 Pack (you save $99 with the 2 Pack)
- $699 (no Cover Kits)
- $739 with 2 sets of Cover Kits
- $798 with Professional Installation Service (no Cover Kits)
- $838 with 2 sets of Cover Kits and Professional Installation Service
12 Month ‘No Questions Asked’ Warranty
When you purchase a POWERBEAT, you get 12 months of full warranty coverage, which even includes any accidental damage. No questions asked!
Compatibility – POWERBEAT
The WATTEAM power meter is compatible with hollow aluminum road cranks only. The list below includes all supported crank manufacturers and models.
Note that we expect that carbon road cranks will be supported in the near future. Please check back with us for updates on timing.
- DURA-ACE 9150, 9100, 9070, 9000, 7970, 7950, 7900
- Ultegra R8070, R8050, R8000, 6870, 6800
- 105 5850, 5800
- Si Hollowgram
- SiSL Hollowgram
- SiSL2 Hollowgram
- Potenza 11
Compatibility – Cover Kits
- Size 1: Shimano 105
- Size 2: Shimano DURA-ACE and Shimano Ultegra
Professional Installation Service
For $99, you can have your POWERBEAT professionally installed on your crankset. This allows you to skip the installation process and just send us your crank. We will professionally install and calibrate it for you.
Here’s how it works:
- Order the POWERBEAT and select the Professional Installation option
- We will send you a pre-paid shipping label
- Box your crankset up and ship it to us
- We will professionally install and calibrate your power meter
- Once it is ready (typically takes 2 days), we will send it back to you – free shipping both ways!
In the Box
The box includes the WATTEAM POWERBEAT Power Meter and everything you need to install it. Note that if you buy the POWERBEAT 2 Pack, you get double this.
- 2 Comp Units (left and right)
- 2 Sensors each embedded in a gluing device
- 6 Alcohol pads
- 1 Glue pack
- 1 Charger + USB cable
- 4 Rubber bands
- 2 Marking rulers
- 2 Adhesive rubber strips
- 4 Washers (spacers)
- 2 Sand paper
- 1 Gluing stick
- 1 Pencil
- 2 Hooks
- 2 Water bags
- 1 Pair of protective rubber gloves
|Name||WATTEAM POWERBEAT Power Meter|
|Power Meter Type||Crank arm|
|Number of strain gauges||NA|
|Weight||18.9 grams (added weight per side)|
|Crank Arm Lengths||NA|
|Battery Life||60 hours; 2 hours to recharge|
|Left/Right Power Measurement||Yes|
|Communication Protocol||Bluetooth SMART and ANT+|
|Claimed Accuracy||+/- 1.5%|