SRM Origin MTB Carbon Power MeterMarch 8, 2023
$1,899.00 – $2,399.00
SRM’s flagship MTB crankset featuring LOOK carbon arms , +/- 1.0% accuracy and a rechargeable battery
Chainring sold separately
SRM Origin MTB Carbon Power Meter
The SRM Origin MTB Carbon power meter is SRM’s flagship MTB crankset! Featuring LOOK carbon crank arms with Trilobe Technology, the SRM Origin MTB weighs just 599 grams while the carbon arms keep things incredibly stiff for maximum efficiency. Trilobe Technology allows the crank arms to function in three lengths, 170 mm, 172.5 mm and 175 mm, simply by rotating the Trilobe pedal inserts.
If accuracy is what you’re after, there is no equal. Like all SRM power meters, the Origin MTB Carbon Power Meter features SRM’s 144 point calibration protocol, resulting in +/- 1.0% accuracy and unmatched consistency. You also get a rechargeable battery with 100 hour battery life, magnet based cadence measurement and 3 year global warranty.
The SRM Power Meter is compatible with BB30 bottom brackets and is available in both 149 mm and 155 mm spindle lengths. This allows it to be used with either standard or Boost spacing.
SRM MTB Power Meter Options
- 24 MM – For use with 24 mm Shimano bottom brackets.
- 30 MM – For use with 30 mm bottom brackets.
SRM PC8 Bundle:
- You get $249 off the standard price of the PC8 when you bundle it with a SRM power meter.
- Please note – if you also need a chainring, we have several MTB chainrings to choose from. Please make sure you select a 104 BCD 4-bolt chainring, size 32T or larger.
Chainrings: The SRM MTB Power Meter is compatible 104 BCD 4-bolt chainrings size 32T or larger.
Bottom Bracket: The power meter is BB30 compatible and comes with either a 30 x 149 mm spindle for standard frame spacing, or a 30 x 155 mm spindle for Boost spacing.
SRM Origin MTB Carbon Power Meter Specs
|Name||SRM Origin MTB Carbon Power Meter|
|Location of Power Measurement||Spider|
|Left or Both Legs Measured||Both|
|Independent Left/Right Measurement||Yes (Power Balance)|
|Installation||More involved (60 min. estimated)|
|Speeds||11- or 12-speed|
|Crank Arm Material||Carbon|
|Claimed Accuracy||+/- 1.0%|
|Active Temperature Compensation||Yes|
|Battery Life||100 hours|
|Method of Cadence Measurement||Accelerometer|
|BCD||104 mm 4-bolt|
|Spindle Size||30 mm|
In the Box
- SRM Power Meter (spider, crank arms, spindle)
- SRM USB Charger Cable
- Cadence Magnet Kit
- SRM PC8 Cycling Computer (if purchased)
- Handlebar mount (if SRM PC8 is purchased)
- Chainring sold separately
Tools Needed for Installation
You will need the following tools for installation of this product. You can purchase many of these commonly used tools in our store.
- 10 mm Allen key
- 3 mm Allen key
- SRM lock ring tool
Common Questions and Answers
Question: How do I determine what length my current cranks are so I can make sure I get the same size?
- Your crank arm length should be printed or stamped on the inside of the left crank arm, usually near the pedal end.
There are no reviews yet.