SRM Origin MTB Aluminum Power MeterJosh Matthew December 13, 2021
$1,249.00 – $1,749.00
The SRM Origin with aluminum crank arms and a new, lower price!
Chainring sold separately
SRM Origin MTB Aluminum Power Meter
The SRM Origin MTB Aluminum Power Meter adds another option for riders that want to take advantage of the best SRM has to offer. With the Origin Aluminum, you get the accuracy, consistency and durability SRM is known for, but at a price below that of the MTB Carbon version.
In addition, if you’re looking to run shorter crank arm lengths, the Origin Aluminum has you covered! While the Carbon version has 170, 172.5 and 175 mm options, with the Aluminum you also have options of 160 and 165 mm. The Origin also offers near limitless compatibility with exchangeable 30 and 24 mm spindles, which means it can be used on virtually any frame on the market.
Crank Arm Length:
- 160 mm | 165 mm | 170 mm | 172.5 mm | 175 mm
- 24 MM – For use with 24 mm Shimano bottom brackets.
- 30 MM – For use with 30 mm bottom brackets.
SRM PC8 Bundle:
- You get $249 off the standard price of the PC8 when you bundle it with a SRM power meter.
- Please note – if you also need a chainring, we have several MTB chainrings to choose from. Please make sure you select a 104 BCD 4-bolt chainring, size 32T or larger.
Tools Needed for Installation
The following tools are typically required for installation of this product. You can purchase many of these commonly used tools in our store.
- 10 mm Allen key
- 3 mm Allen key
- SRM lock ring tool
Chainrings: The SRM Origin MTB Aluminum Power Meter is compatible 104 BCD 4-bolt chainrings size 32T or larger.
Bottom Bracket: The power meter is BB30 compatible and comes with either a 30 x 149 mm spindle for standard frame spacing, or a 30 x 155 mm spindle for Boost spacing.
SRM Origin MTB Aluminum Power Meter Specs
|Name||SRM Origin Aluminum MTB|
|Location of Power Measurement||Spider|
|Left or Both Legs Measured||Both|
|Independent Left/Right Measurement||No|
|Chainring Configuration||1x (single chainring)|
|Installation||More involved (60 min. estimated)|
|Claimed Accuracy||+/- 2.0%|
|Battery Life||100 hours|
|Method of Cadence Measurement||Magnet|
|Q Factor||162-168 mm|
In the Box
- SRM Power Meter (spider, crank arms, spindle)
- SRM USB Charger Cable
- Cadence Magnet Kit
- SRM PC8 Cycling Computer (if purchased)
- Handlebar mount (if SRM PC8 is purchased)
- Chainring sold separately