Kinetic R1 Direct Drive Smart TrainerJosh Matthew June 20, 2019
The only interactive smart trainer with Rock and Roll technology!
Kinetic R1 Direct Drive Smart Trainer
The Kinetic R1 Direct Drive Smart Trainer has all the features you would want in a high-end smart trainer. At the heart of the R1 is a massive 14 lb. flywheel that provides a quiet, direct-drive operation and realistic road feel. You also get app-controlled interactive resistance that can simulate a slope of 20% and up to 2,000 watts as well as ANT+, ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth FTMS compatibility.
However what really sets the Kinetic R1 apart is its Rock and Roll technology. The R1 is the only interactive, direct-drive smart trainer that allows your bike to move naturally. Unlike other trainers that hold your bike in a rigid position, the R1 can move side-to-side, providing a more comfortable and realistic feel – which leads to better workouts!
- Kinetic trainers are compatible with virtually all bikes
- Compatible with 130 mm and 135 mm quick release hubs and 142 mm and 148 mm (Boost) thru axles
- ANT+ and Bluetooth compatible
- Supports Shimano and SRAM cassettes (does not currently support Campagnolo cassettes)
Features and Technical Specifications
- Rock and Roll technology – the only direct-drive trainer with free movement
- Max slope: 20% | Max resistance: 2,000 watts
- +/- 3% accuracy
- Interactive electronic resistance controls your effort
- Connects to popular training software via ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, and Bluetooth FTMS
- Massive flywheel for realistic ride
- Connects to PCs via USB port for reliable direct connection (with supporting software)
- Folding legs and ergonomic handle for easy transport and compact storage
- Unconditional lifetime warranty on frame, two-year warranty on power unit
- Ergonomic rubberized knobs and feet