Humon Hex Muscle Oxygen SensorJosh Matthew July 18, 2019
Optimize workout intensities, minimize injury, and monitor progress!
Validated by Harvard Medical School!
Only 1 left in stock
Humon Hex Muscle Oxygen Sensor
The Humon Hex Muscle Oxygen Sensor is the first clinically validated muscle oxygen sensor! Worn around the quadriceps, the Humon Hex uses near-infrared spectroscopy to measure the oxygen saturation in muscles – which is simply the balance between oxygen delivery and oxygen consumption. LEDs on the device emit light into the muscle tissue and several detectors measure the light intensity as it circulates through the muscle. In other words, the Hex looks at the color of your blood in the muscle in real time and from that can determine your oxygen saturation levels.
With this information, you can optimize workout intensities, minimize injury, and monitor progress. Specifically, the Humon’s advanced performance metrics allow you to:
- Pace yourself with real-time feedback
- Minimize injury by monitoring warm-up and recovery
- Track progress with lab-grade assessments
- Measure your lactate threshold non-invasively
Read more here about how to train with with muscle oxygen.
How it Works
- Connectivity: ANT+ and Bluetooth
- App and Software: Free mobile app available for iOS and Android. Free web application at app.humon.io
- Water Resistant: IP54 enclosure rating
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion battery
- Battery Life: 20 hours. Charge time is 1 hour
- Dimensions: 60.5 mm x 57 mm x 13.8 mm
- Weight: 32 grams
- Compatible with most Garmin devices including the Edge 830 and 530
In the Box
- Humon Hex Muscle Oxygen Sensor
- Humon Hex Strap (23.5“)
- Wireless Charging Base
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- Supporting Documentation