Garmin fenix 6S GPS Multisport WatchJosh Matthew December 15, 2019
$599.99 – $899.99
Smaller-sized multisport GPS watch with wrist-based heart rate, Pulse Ox, pace guidance, routable maps, music and more!
Garmin fenix 6S GPS Multisport Watch
Blending sleek aesthetics with robust athletics, the smaller-sized Garmin fenix 6S GPS Multisport Watch is ready for any challenge. It’s styled for a trimmer, more comfortable fit on your wrist, with easy-to-access features that include enhanced wrist heart rate, built-in activity profiles, VO2 max estimates and more. You can see how your hard work is paying off with performance metrics and training load balance readings. Satellite navigation and tracking functions combine with a 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter to give you confidence on and off the beaten path. This watch eases from workout to work day with smart notifications to keep you connected and Garmin Pay contactless payments or to free you from carrying cash or credit cards.
Pro and Sapphire Models
The fenix 6S Pro and fenix 6S Sapphire Multisport GPS Watches let you add mapping, music, intelligent pace planning and more to your workouts — without adding bulk to your wrist. Advanced training status, running/cycling dynamics and environmentally adjusted VO2 max estimates are right at your fingertips. Plus, a first-of-its-kind PacePro feature keeps your pacing strategy on track with grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course. Designed for all-day wearability, these versatile watches come with preloaded TOPO maps and ski maps for more than 2,000 worldwide ski resorts. Other highlights include enhanced wrist heart rate, smart notifications, Pulse Ox sensing and Garmin Pay contactless payments.
What’s New with the fenix 6S?
- Larger Display (always on) with same case size (18% larger)
- More Battery Life – see below for details
- PacePro – ditch the paper wristbands, this helps keep you on pace with grade-adjusted guidance as you run
- Performance Metrics – includes new heat and altitude-adjusted VO2 max with improved recovery advisory and race predictor
- Power Manager – view how various settings and sensors impact your watch’s battery life, so you can make battery-extending changes on the fly
- TOPO and Ski Maps – view run names and difficulty ratings for 2,000 worldwide ski resorts
- Golf Courses – access full-color CourseView maps for more than 41,000 golf courses around the world with button targeting and PlaysLike Distance feature
- Safety and Tracking – if you feel unsafe or an incident has been detected, it sends your location to emergency contacts
- Pulse Ox – helps gauge how well your body is absorbing oxygen
- Body Battery – optimize your body’s energy reserves, using heart rate variability, stress, sleep and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or need to rest
- Expedition Mode – trek far and wide between recharges. Expedition mode, an ultralow-powered GPS reference, lasts for weeks
Garmin fenix 6S GPS Key Features
Rugged, Sophisticated Design
Features an always-on 1.2” (18% larger than previous fenix models) sunlight-readable display with bezels in stainless steel, titanium or diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating.
Enhanced Heart Rate and Pulse Ox
Features enhanced wrist heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing of blood oxygen saturation to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations.
Advanced Training Features
Advanced training features include PacePro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity plus environmentally adjusted VO2 max and training status estimates.
Performance data at your fingertips includes training load balance, training status, and running and cycling dynamics.
Navigate the outdoors with built-in sensors for 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter; supports multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Connected features include smart notifications and Garmin Pay contactless payments.
Increased Battery Performance
Battery performance: up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 36 hours in GPS mode, up to 28 days in expedition GPS activity mode, and up to 48 days in battery saver watch mode.
- Unit Dimensions: 42 x 42 x 13.8 mm
- Lens Material: Corning Gorilla Glass – Standard and Pro. Sapphire Crystal – Sapphire
- Display Size: 1.2″ (30.4 mm) diameter
- Weight: 61 grams (case only: 44 grams)
- GPS: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Display Resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, Wi-Fi
- Smartphone Compatibility: iPhone, Android
- Hear Rate: Wrist heart rate
- Altimeter: Barometric altimeter
- Water Rating: 10 ATM (100 m) water
- Battery Type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Memory/History: 64 MB – Standard. 32 GB – Pro and Sapphire
In the Box
- Garmin fenix 6S GPS Multisport Watch
- Charging/data cable