4iiii Podium Shimano Ultegra R8000 Power MeterJosh Matthew June 1, 2019
4iiii’s new Podium power meter combined with Shimano’s Ultegra R8000 groupset
4iiii Podium Shimano Ultegra R8000 Power Meter
Introducing the all new 4iiii Podium Shimano Ultegra R8000 Power Meter. 4iiii has combined their patent pending 3-D tri-axial strain gauge technology with Shimano’s best of breed Ultegra R8000 groupset. The result is one of the lightest, most affordable and most accurate direct force power meters available.
The new Podium features a lithium ion rechargeable battery with 60 hours of battery life. The new pod also has a slimmer profile, with its thickness reduced approximately 10% from 8.2 mm to 7.5 mm.
Like the previous generation PRECISION, the 4iiii Podium Ultegra power meter determines your total power based on the power that is generated by your left leg. The new Podium remains extremely lightweight, adding only 7.5 grams to your crank arm. The power meter is compatible with both ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART devices and is accurate to +/- 1.0%.
4iiii Ultegra R8000 Highlights
• Affordable: One of the most affordable direct force power meters available at only $499.99
• Lightweight: The lightest direct force power meter available adding only 7.5 grams of weight
• Rechargeable: Rechargeable battery with 60-hour battery life
• Dual ANT+/BLE: Compatible with both ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART devices
• Accurate: Accurate to within 1.0%, placing it in the top tier of power meters
• Easy Installation: Quick and easy to install. Just swap out your left crank arm and you’re done!
Crank arm lengths: 165 mm | 170 mm | 172.5 mm | 175 mm
The 4iiii Ultegra Power Meter is compatible with all Shimano Hollowtech II road cranks.
In the Box
- 4iiii Podium Shimano Ultegra R8000 Power Meter
- USB Charging Cable
- Quick Start guide
|Name||4iiii Podium Ultegra R8000|
|Location of Power Measurement||Crank Arm|
|Left or Both Legs Measured||Left only|
|Independent Left/Right Measurement||No|
|Communication Protocol||ANT+ and Bluetooth SMART|
|Claimed Accuracy||+/- 1.0%|
|Weight||7.5 grams (added weight)|
|Battery Life||60 hours|
|Method of Cadence Measurement||Accelerometer|